Saturday, March 2, 2013

Could Grayson be a ToysRUs Model?

So I received my monthly NDSS newsletter in my email yesterday. For those of you that aren't familiar, NDSS stands for National Down Syndrome Society. Their page and organization offers up to date information about Down Syndrome resources, advocacy, support, ways to give, Buddy Walks®, as well as great personal stories. I am also part of their blogger button campaign to raise awareness for World Down Syndrome Day on March 21, 2013.

I look forward to receiving my monthly email and reading all the great stories. This month had an interesting casting call. Here's what it says:

NDSS is pleased to announce that our corporate partner, ToysR”Us, is looking for models for their 2013 Toys "R" Us Toy Guide for Differently-Abled Kids. The Guide gives parents and friends of children with disabilities an easy-to-use resource to find toys that offer them the best opportunity for fun and learning. They are seeking children age 12 months to 10 years to model for this year's guide. 
A digital version of the 2012 Guide is available online at http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3261680 and printed Guides are available in Toys "R" Us stores.
View the 2013 Toys "R" Us Toy Guide for Differently-Abled Kids flyer.
Fill out the casting form application.

So I have decided to complete the casting form and send it off with two pictures of an up close and full figure shot. It can't hurt and all it costs is postage, so I say give it a shot. Here are some pics of the little camera hog. These are from last September for his one year photo session. I am thinking that I should get some more recent shots to turn in by the April 19th deadline since he has grown and his hair is longer.


This picture was a surprise that Drew set up while
I was in the bathroom with Marloe since Grayson couldn't stand
or walk on his own. He still can't, but we know he will when he is ready.

Yeah, his hair is much longer now.

This is one of the only up close shots without
the signature snot coming out of his nose.

Had to include Little Sweetie as well!


Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment: