Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I Ran 13.1 Miles

When Grayson was born, Drew and I discussed consciously trying to live a healthier lifestyle.  People with Down Syndrome can suffer from many health issues that affect their weight and weight gain. You can read more about that here.

When Grayson was first born we wanted him to gain, gain, gain! We needed him at a minimum of 11Lbs. for his open heart surgery. But we knew that he may suffer with obesity later in life. We wanted to invest in our health by ensuring that we were leading by example and staying healthy into our golden years to aide in his independence.

So in October I registered for a half marathon. It was daunting, but a couple friends and I followed a training plan by Hal Higdon.

Early morning shot of us before the race.
I did it! I ran the whole race! I just have to toot my own horn on this blog for one post. Four months of training made 13.1 miles feel like just another run. Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment